When you think of a bride, you most likely think of a girl in a sweeping pretty white dress looking her most beautiful self. This is what all the books and movies and music videos tell us, is the norm. But what about the bride who feels like she doesn’t fall squarely in that box, the bride with a burst of self-expression which refuses to be contained in and defined by that white dress? For the bride who likes to color outside the box, and do things her own unique beautiful way, for the square pegs in the round holes, choosing a colored wedding dress is something that is pretty common.
A wedding is about two adults making a promise to stick around with each other, against all odds, and the dress is just a part of the event, helping the bride to feel her best. If the bride doesn’t feel like herself in that dress, what is even the point? We love it when the brides own the day and make it theirs by choosing to wear whatever on earth they want, whatever helps them articulate themselves perfectly. And if that happens to be a rainbow-colored wedding dress, so be it!
• Blush Pink/Nude: This is a color that is known to be universally appealing and looks pretty on all skin tones. Also, there are so many shades available in this spectrum, there is surely a shade out there for everyone. Nude is also such a minimal and clean color, it will surely not clash with your decor and will fit in perfectly with any color theme.
• Art Deco Beading: These Great Gatsby-inspired dresses are perfect for a glam 20s flapper girl feel, but you can control the beading as per your liking. This trend blends effortlessly with the nude wedding dress trend, letting you shine like an art deco queen. It is a whole mood on its own!
• Black: A black wedding dress is quite the oxymoron and is just stunning for exactly that reason. It is a huge ‘hell no’ to conforming to the norms and is quite the eye-catcher. And can we all agree that black is just a universally flattering color? Thanks!
• Scarlet: Something about scarlet just grabs your attention out of all the colors of the rainbow. It is a color that just demands attention, and will not take no for an answer. And a girl with a red dress is beautiful, no matter the occasion. Magic! did not sing ‘Hey you there with your red dress on’ for nothing! Also, hello amazing juxtaposition wedding photography!
• Two-toned color: Why settle for one color when you can have two? A two-toned wedding dress not only gives it a 3D architectural advantage, but it is also incredibly edgy. Most brides tend to stick to a vibrant color along with white, ensuring they get the best of both worlds, but the possibilities are as endless as the imagination.
• Floral: Floral is just a close second to the wedding white, as are the pastels. They are refreshing and different while being easy on the eyes. Soft, barely-there florals are perfect, making the bride feel like an ethereal forest goddess. You can go for dark florals for the moody Victorian gothic vibe.
• Tie-dye: With the burst of tie-dye in 2019 in mainstream fashion, it’s no surprise that tie-dye found its way to wedding dresses. It is a fun and unexpected way of incorporating color into your wardrobe. Also, you have full control over how subtle or full-on you want to go with the color choices. A tie-dye wedding dress is a perfect fit for a boho bride, but its versatile enough to fit into other themes as well!
Weddings are what you make of it. It’s your day, and it’s very easy to forget that, with the blur of activities around and the expectations clouding our vision. And you can take back control by choosing to wear that dress which justifies you the best.
We will be in touch soon.