The day finally dawns when you are to be wedded to the love of your life! You wake up with that familiar flutter in your stomach, which is growing more tenacious minute by minute. All the big things are taken care of, the vendors are on your speed dial and you take in that quietness in the air before the busy day starts.
You want your wedding day to go as smooth as butter, one course of event blending seamlessly in the other, creating a well-choreographed day with no bumps and surprises. However, the secret is in planning for the unprecedented problems and emergencies which has a way of showing up out of nowhere. The wisdom is not in expecting a smooth ride but is rather in preparing for the bumpy ride if and when it arises.
Channel your inner Monica Geller and make lists! Make your wedding day disaster-proof! We come bearing some of the most useful checklists you might need for your wedding day!
Emergency Kit Checklist
1. Safety pins-for tucking in the fabric into place
2. Fabric tape-for those dangerous necklines
3. Stain remover pen-for (makeup) stains on the wedding gown
4. White chalk-to cover up any unsightly stains on the sly
5. Bobby pins-for that curl of hair which refuses to be tamed
6. Clear nail polish-for controlling the frayed ends of fabric or stopping further tears
7. Sewing kit-for a button which decides to fall away
8. A small medical kit with bandages, aspirin, antacids, and eye drops-because emergencies can strike anywhere
9. Tampons-just like emergencies, mother nature can strike anywhere too
10. Breath mints-because bad breath on a bride is not a good look!
11. Earring backs-as those tiny things have a knack of pulling a disappearing act
12. Nail File-for last-minute jagged nails
13. Beauty kit with face powder, hand lotion, and fragrance- to keep your face matte, hands moisturized and keep you smelling like heaven
14. Scissors-for a last-minute snip
15. Krazy glue-to fix everything from a broken heel to a broken earring
16. Double-sided tape-to keep things where they should be
17. Phone Charger-to power up your phone for all the wedding wishes
18. Tissues-to keep the tears away from make-up
19. Bride's color nail polish-to touch-up any chipped corner
1. Button-down shirt or a dressing gown-to wear while you get ready!
2. The wedding dress - of course (duh!)
3. Veil-if you are doing one
4. Shapewear-to keep things smooth
5. Undergarments-because you don’t want to scandalize the guests!
6. Shoes-preferably already broken-in
7. Jewelry and hair accessories-to add that finishing touch
8. Hair and makeup products and tools-if you yourself are doing your hair and make-up
9. Mirror-sometimes you might need one handy
10. Deodorant-BO is a big NO!
11. Toothbrush and paste-to keep the smile going strong
12. Floss and mouthwash-for a quick last minute check
13. Straws-for sipping mimosas or champagne without ruining lipstick
14. Comfortable flats-when the heels don’t treat you right
15. Something old, new, borrowed, and a blue-an ode to tradition, if you will
Armed with all these lists, we assure you will have the most amazing wedding day. Not only will you be already prepared for everything, but you will also feel psychologically more relaxed and can enjoy your day better. And if a thing or two do fall through your fingers, it’s okay! Take it in good spirit, as you did all you could, and if you have a minutely-detailed catastrophe, chances are no one will notice it anyway!
We will be in touch soon.