There is something about the past that never gets old. An old handkerchief with the faint fragrance of days bygone. The yellowed love letters with the secrets of the heart. A photograph capturing a delicate moment. There is something about the days gone by. And there are some people who never get over the perpetual nostalgia of the past. Are you a bride with a penchant for the past? Let’s find out. Do you have a classically beautiful venue which is virtually a train ride to the past? Do you like romantic allure and the story that comes with something which was pre-owned and pre-loved? If you are nodding yes, chances are you are looking for the perfect vintage dress to finish off your vintage bridal look. And we have just the perfect list for you!
We have curated the most amazing list to take you closer to your dream vintage dress. Are you ready for the best kind of blast from the past? Hold our hand while we take you back to the past.
• Cap-sleeve Ball Gown: This Oleg Cassini ball gown in ivory is the lovely lacey and floaty traditional dress. This dress comes with a cap sleeve and the bodice is embellished with the delicate placement of beading and lace appliques. The ball gown’s attention to detail makes it grand and luxurious, while the gown’s soft and fluid moments created with 35 yards of tulle makes it quite wearable. Oleg Cassini’s unmatched devotion to detail makes it one of the most important presence in today's bridal wear.
• V-neck Side Dress: This butterfly sleeved buttoned V-neck dress is charming in a simple and understated 20s bridal wear kind of way. This dress comes in a few different colors and the delicate embroidery of the dress makes it endearing and flattering to almost all body types. The low V-neck back is the perfect detail that this dress needs and the flap sleeve detail give it a romantic touch.
• Beaded Sheath Dress: This delicate feminine dress packs the right amount of grandeur and vintage charm in its threading. It has a romantic simple cut and shape but it’s the intricate beading and embroidery which makes it the stunning piece of art. The V-neck bodice skims over the brides’ silhouette and the iridescent sequins catch the light just so, thereby amplifying its presence. This nude sheath dress by Melissa Sweet is an ode to the past but is contemporarily appealing.
• Boho Vintage Dress: This lacey dress in a classic cut is effortlessly modern with just the right hint of boho vibes. Its romantic scalloped edge vintage lace looks appealing on all body types and the gorgeous back sets this dress apart among many. The Estelle dress is graceful with a vintage boho touch without being too overwhelming. This Clair Pettibone dress paints a pretty picture with a contemporary flair with is a signature element to the Pettibone design.
• Victorian Off-shoulder Dress: This vintage-inspired dress is perfect for the romantic heart and is Victorian with a touch of boho. The French embroidered bodice, the charming two-toned lace details, and the floaty light-as-air silhouette make this dress beautiful, flowy and dramatic all at once. The off-the-shoulder romantic detail makes this dress sweet and charming in its own special way. Claire Pettibone’s romantic sensibility and attention to detail make her designs a pretty sight to look at every single time and never goes out of fashion.
• Classic V-neck Dress: This minimal chic no-fuss dress is perfect for the bride who likes to keep things simple. Adorned with a sleek V-neckline, this Stella York piece is all about making an entrance and keeping all eyes on the bride. The dress comes with clean lines but also comes with a hint of sexiness which is unmistakable. The tulle adds on the princessy drama in good measure, making it an updated ball gown with a hint of vintage. This dress surely makes both the present and past collided in the most beautiful way. Stella York never fails to bring in that dramatic elegance to your special day.
• Empire Waist Dress: This stunning strapless gown by Rosa Clara Two is classically beautiful with its simple silhouette and an empire waist detail with some delicate embellishment to complete the look. The dress is easy and flowy with its goddess-style strapless gown. The back of the gown comes with a chiffon bow and delicate buttons running along the zipper seam. The flowy lines and the empire waist make this an easy wear with high moveability. Designer Rosa Clara is known for her penchant for creating dreamy wedding gowns for women who seek an easy blend of elegance, allure, and sophistication.
• Sweetheart Neck Dress: This dress is adorned with beaded lace and crystal embellishments in the bodice and the beautiful sweetheart neckline accentuates the neck perfectly. With delicate cap sleeves and a pretty V back, the dress comes with a bunch of intricate details, emitting a quiet classic elegance. The skirt of the dress is simple and drapes elegantly with not much fuss. With Rebecca Ingram’s work of art, this dress is the perfect example of all that the designer stands for- timeless gowns at affordable prices.
The past comes with stories untold which can be fascinating to unravel. Each frayed thread of the dress or barely-there stain whispers of a memory which lies unexplored and time well-spent which we will never know about. It comes with a history of its own. Being able to not only relive the history but also weaving your own story to the thread is an honor and a privilege. Let’s be grateful that vintage wedding gowns make this possible!
We will be in touch soon.